Hoe and Worthing Archive: Fakenham Road
The crossroads photographed in 1946,
showing how as it was at the time of
the accident. 'Corners' now occupies
some of the rough land to the left. Ten
years later the County Council altered
the road layout to try to make it safer,
but didn't get everyone's approval …
[Copyright Norfolk County Council;
photo by RAF 31 January 1946]
'Topfields' in 1951, built by the Dreibholz family.
Mr Eric Dreibolz jnr and Maurice Wooding
boarding the London train at Norwich Station to
travel to Moscow on a selling trip in 1969. The
pair hired fur-lined coats and hats from Moss
Dreibholz Bros. and Co made machinery for
sugar beet processing and came to Norfolk from
Holland in 1932. During the war they made turret
rings for tanks.
Press cutting from 1969.
Fred Nicholson retired to Hoe and built the
bungalow he called 'The Heater', named after
the shape of the metal insert used to heat a flat
iron, because the plot of land was that shape.
He was also Chairman of Norfolk County
The house is now called Woodview Lodge.