The Parish boundary – Whitemill on the Elmham Road
looking towards Hoe, before the road bridge was built.
Mr H. Hurn driving with Mrs Hurn. The boy on the
footbridge is C. Hurn, later of Kingston and Hurn
grocers, Dereham. 1906
this self-build on the Elmham Road
was newsworthy. The bungalow is
1976 – Hilary Howlett's bungalow next door to Ashford,
called Hillbrook, and his Escort rally car and
Hillbrook had a home-made looking store for straw next
to the piggery. 1983.
Hilary started Brookland Autos in the old piggery.
The workshop was basic.
Building work begun on the new garage in 1987. The
large shed in the background was Stanberrys farm shop
for a while, before the land was sold for house
The new garage. When Hilary retired, John Mead took
over the business.